My formative years were spent in the 80's with foundational bands like New Order, Depeche Mode, Echo & the Bunnymen, The Cure, and Jane's Addiction. Even though the 80's was the pioneer decade for the alternative genre, this music transcended into the 90's and to some cool tunes today which could be classified as alternative. Hopefully, this site will bring back some good memories and introduce some things you haven't heard before.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Enjoy.

Monday, January 4, 2010

'Kids in America' by Kim Wilde

Album: Kim Wilde
Released: 1981
Theme: alternative pop

I remember watching this video on MTV before school. I haven't heard anything else by Kim Wilde (born Kim Smith); let me know if I'm missing out.

Watch the video on YouTube

2 comments:

  1. That one reminds more more of early MTV than the song itself. Songs like "Love is Like a Rock" and "Ah Leah" by Donny Iris and Aldo Nova...yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I-m jpaul from France and fan's Kim since 1981, well this song is a good memorie for me
    I have a fanblog only for her
    www.day-by-day-kim-wilde.over-blog.com
    Thanks for your goog blog JP.M

    ReplyDelete