My formative years were spent in the 80's with foundational bands like New Order, Depeche Mode, Echo & the Bunnymen, The Cure, and Jane's Addiction. Even though the 80's was the pioneer decade for the alternative genre, this music transcended into the 90's and to some cool tunes today which could be classified as alternative. Hopefully, this site will bring back some good memories and introduce some things you haven't heard before.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Enjoy.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

'Primary' by The Cure

Album: Faith
Released: 1981
Theme: quintessential 80's

'Primary' is one of my favorites by The Cure and it's as good as any to debut this band on SoDA. I was introduced to the tune from a singles compilation called Standing on a Beach or Staring at the Sea (CD format) released in 1986 and should be primary album in your 80's collection.

This song shows the intense side of The Cure.


4 comments:

  1. love that one. The Cure makes me so nostalgic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favs from them! I was holding my breathe until The Cure made the list...now I can release.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Cure en Orange is an awesome video if you ever get to see - wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now we're talking -> This is definitely SoDa material!! I'm sure we're going to see more Cure in the future, n'est pas?

    On a completely different note:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8_K7HT2UcU

    ReplyDelete