My formative years were spent in the 80's with foundational bands like New Order, Depeche Mode, Echo & the Bunnymen, The Cure, and Jane's Addiction. Even though the 80's was the pioneer decade for the alternative genre, this music transcended into the 90's and to some cool tunes today which could be classified as alternative. Hopefully, this site will bring back some good memories and introduce some things you haven't heard before.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Enjoy.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

'Voices Carry' by 'Til Tuesday

Album: Voices Carry
Released: 1985
Theme: dreamy

A slow, melodic song that makes me feel warm. I like the video too - oddly enough, I don't recall seeing a lot on MTV.

The only other song I know by the band is 'What About Love'. Although, Aimee Mann looks cute in the video, I probably won't post . . . unless of course she were to ask me.


1 comment:

  1. I saw 'Til Tuesday back in the day (at the 'Tute in Cambridge, MA). Jeff, you probably went, too?

    Aimee Mann has several quite respectable solo albums, too. Bachelor No. 2 has some very good songs on it.

    Will we see the J&M Chain on SoDA?

    ReplyDelete