My formative years were spent in the 80's with foundational bands like New Order, Depeche Mode, Echo & the Bunnymen, The Cure, and Jane's Addiction. Even though the 80's was the pioneer decade for the alternative genre, this music transcended into the 90's and to some cool tunes today which could be classified as alternative. Hopefully, this site will bring back some good memories and introduce some things you haven't heard before.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Enjoy.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

'Sometimes' by Erasure

Album: The Circus
Released: 1987
Theme: pop

This song as well as others I'll post by Erasure will come from a compilation album called Pop. This album along with New Order Substance would be 2 CDs that are must haves.

Shame on me for not posting Erasure before now but better late than never. Maybe I'll make up for it with a string of E-posts.

Anyway, I think this song has a touch of romance and could see myself dancing on a building rooftop in the rain with my girl - not like the dudes in the video.


4 comments:

  1. Am I the girl? This song reminds me of a trip to St. George with the peeps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well that depends on if your good . . . or bad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doug, thanks for the trip back. Seems like yesterday...

    Mike B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm bad alright...just how bad, well, let's see how my retail therapy goes ;)

    ReplyDelete