My formative years were spent in the 80's with foundational bands like New Order, Depeche Mode, Echo & the Bunnymen, The Cure, and Jane's Addiction. Even though the 80's was the pioneer decade for the alternative genre, this music transcended into the 90's and to some cool tunes today which could be classified as alternative. Hopefully, this site will bring back some good memories and introduce some things you haven't heard before.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Enjoy.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

'Fine Time' by New Order

Album: Technique
Released: 1989
Theme: dance


New Order is a core band if not The core band of alternative 80's. I would be remiss if I didn't include in the 1st week. 'Fine Time' isn't classic New Order but rather more enigmatic.



4 comments:

  1. I had to give this one an "OK" but for the Mac Classic which is eminently cool, no guitars. :>( LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that dude stole some of your dance moves...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw them at Six Flags in 88-ish and they were horrible, walked off stage practically in the middle of a song. i like them in the studio better. Ha ha Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I consider "Fine Time" to be classic late period New Order: They had their bass-driven gloom behind them and had moved on to create some rather excellent (& upbeat) synth-dance-pop. This comes from one of my favorite New Order albums....

    ReplyDelete