My formative years were spent in the 80's with foundational bands like New Order, Depeche Mode, Echo & the Bunnymen, The Cure, and Jane's Addiction. Even though the 80's was the pioneer decade for the alternative genre, this music transcended into the 90's and to some cool tunes today which could be classified as alternative. Hopefully, this site will bring back some good memories and introduce some things you haven't heard before.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Enjoy.

Monday, December 21, 2009

'Sea Legs' by The Shins

Album: Wincing the Night Away
Released: 2007
Theme: dreamy


This relatively new song reminds me of Ocean Blue which has the ability to take you away to another world. Alternative is alive and kicking . . .



3 comments:

  1. Great song, great band, great album. One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard this, but I likey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, this post is a new song I haven't heard but I dig it too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete